.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Disappointing Products 001

To begin my new venture in blogging, I wanted to talk about some disappointing products. We've all purchased or sampled products because we want to try them right? And sometimes those products just do not meet our expectations. I do try to finish a product even if I don't care for it, but these were five makeup items I just couldn't stand to finish and threw them into the little Sephora bag I use to store my empty products.




To begin we shall start off with some mascara, a product I've noticed I've found more trashes than treasures. The Rimmel Glam'eyes was originally purchased because I was looking into finding a holy grail drugstore mascara. The packaging drew me in almost instantly, with the quilted black cap and pink chrome lettering. The outside unfortunately did not match the inside. The wand is very long, thin, and bendy. It is a plastic applicator, and a very thin formula. It was very difficult to sweep through my lashes, and what product I did manage to get on, made the lashes sort of bind together. I couldn't even stand to use it more than twice before giving up.

Something else from Rimmel, the Scandaleyes Shadow Paints are a  product a lot of you tubers and bloggers alike brag about being amazing. I'm always up for a good cream shadow, so when I spotted these at Target, I picked up manganese purple to play with. When first applied the color is true and bold. The problem arises when you go to blend it out; the color completely disappears. I applied four or five layers of color before some color paid off, and after continuously rubbing the product to blend, it began to flake off. Definitely a no go for me.

I was still on my hunt for a holy grail drugstore mascara and discovered this bummer that a lot of folks also raved about, The L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly was claimed to give amazing volume thanks to the wing shaped applicator. I did try to finish this, but after about a week of struggling to rake the brush through my lashes and keeping the curl, I gave up. I liked the concept of this product but unfortunately it fell short.



I received the Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara in an ipsy bag. I didn't even bother to bring this mascara to my eyes! It smelled of burning plastic! Definitely not something I want near my face! An instant toss into the trash pile.

The Benefit's Watts Up! highlighter was a little sample I received for my birthday one year from Sephora. At first I really enjoyed it, I even planned to purchase the full size. But my mind was quickly changed when I realized it was a little to over powering for me. I don't wear face makeup, so I was only using the highlighter on my brow bone and inner corners of my eyes. While it is a very nice color, its just so metallic it over powered my eye looks. I'm sure if I liked to wear face makeup it would look much better and not so concentrated, but regrettably it didn't work for me.

Fortunately those are all of the products I've been disappointed in for the past couple months, and thankfully they were all drugstore or samples so my wallet wasn't aching to badly!

What is one product you were so excited to try, but then it fell short?














No comments:

Post a Comment