.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Empties 001

I don't know about you, but I love reading and watching empties posts, whether they're shared on a blog, instagram, or YouTube. I'm nosy when it comes to what products others are using so it's just perfect for the busybody in me. For myself, there is just something so satisfying about finishing a product. The most honest reviews also come from talking about your empty products; if you used it up, you definitely will be able to say something about it rather than use it once or twice and review.

Today I bring forth some empties I have been hoarding for quite awhile. Lets begin with some hair products shall we?




The Macadamia Deep Repair Masque is my holy grail high end hair mask. Not only is this about to be raved about by me, but it has been raved about from the beauty community for a couple years now. I usually purchase this when Target has a buy one get one special, or on Salon Savings. As much as I love this product, I do not think I could play full price for something that will wash down the drain! The mask is so thick and nourishing, I can see the little swirls of oil in the creme. You only need a little bit, and because I use it only once a week, one tub lasts me about two or three months. This was probably my second or third tub of the product, and I will most likely be buying it once again after I finish the couple of deep conditioners I'm trying out at this moment.

After finishing the above hair mask, I wanted to try something new, something cheaper. Lo and behold the L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Power Moisture Moisture Rush Mask that was on clearance at Target for $4 instead of the $6.99 it usually retails for! It smelled very lovely, but the texture bothered me; it was quite thin for a deep conditioner, like just using my normal everyday conditioner. I did finish it and unless I couldn't find another cheap mask to buy and this just happened to be on sale again, I wont repurchase. I didn't really notice a difference in my hair at all.



Quite an array of dry shampoos I have here! I go through about one can a month, and I love to try new ones! I don't believe I have found my holy grail yet, but I do know with how fast I go through them, I will only be paying drugstore prices!

Batiste Cool and Crisp Fresh  dry shampoo was the first dry shampoo I ever tried. I found it at TJ Maxx for $4. I had heard that your only suppose to wash your hair a couple times a week. I usually washed every other day. But after dyeing my hair to my natural hair color, it was very dry and washing it all the time definitely wasn't helping so I gave dry shampoo a try. I like to spray the shampoo on before I go to bed to work more thoroughly, and when I used this, in the morning there was still a little bit of a white cast on my roots that I had to rub away. I may repurchase though I'm still trying to test all of the drugstore ones out!

Catwalk by TIGI Session Series dry shampoo was a higher end product I found at TJ Maxx. I'm not sure what I paid for on it, but I didn't like it very much. It made my hair feel kind of strange... I know it was a texture spray as well as shampoo but it was a little more texture than I liked. I wont be repurchasing.

The Dove Refresh + Care dry shampoo has been my favorite so far. The smell, the fresh feeling is gave my scalp, and the minimal amount of white powder to blend in.... I'm going to keep trying new dry shampoos but this is at the top of my list!  This shampoo also lasted a lot longer than the previous two at holding out for about a month and a half.

Herbal Essences Naked Volume  dry shampoo was disappointing. It smelled so lovely and I loved how my hair felt after spraying my roots...but after maybe 3 used the aerosol stopped working and sprayed liquid all over my head much to my dismay! I'm not sure if I just bought a bad bottle or what but when you shake the can you can tell its barely half way empty. Definitely won't be buying this again.



Youth Code Texture Perfecter  serum is a permanent staple in my morning skincare routine. This has to be my third bottle and of course I've already gone out and repurchase it! The serum is very light and smells quite pleasant, the fluid sinks into my skin with ease and my face feels nice and supple after. I love this product and I'm usually lucky enough to get it when its on sale, as it is a little on the pricey side for drugstore. 

Another staple to my skincare routine, Cliniue's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +. This is my holy grail facial moisturizer, used both morning and night. The lotion absorbs instantly, and if I need some extra moisture I just use an extra half pump of this wonderful product and I'm good to go. I always buy the largest bottle they offer, and it lasts a good six to eight months.

As someone who doesn't get very much sleep on a day to day basis, my under eye area is always dark and puffy. To remedy that, I purchased the Hard Candy Eye'm Tired De-Puffer. At only $5 it was not only a steal, but felt cooling and helped with the puffiness of my eyes. I'm currently trying another depuffer but this is on my list to repurchase.



I love using toner! The refreshing feeling it brings and removing the last little bits of dirt... I especially love to use alcohol free toner so my skin doesn't dry out anymore than it does naturally. I used up a bottle of The Body Shop's Seaweed Clarifying Toner that I purchased when they had some kind of sale going on. I didn't really notice a difference in my skin while using this, and the smell annoyed me a little bit. All and all, I doubt I will ever repurchase.

The Neutrogena Alcohol Free toner  is my holy grail drug store toner. I've gone through at least three or four bottles in a row before deciding to try something different. The liquid is just so refreshing, and my skin feels clean and not tight. The floral scent was a little off putting at first but once I became used to it, it wasn't so bothering any more. I one hundred percent recommend!



I love pencil liners, so of course I'm always trying out new ones. This eyeliner was okay, I ended up keeping it in my travel makeup bag. Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner was a nice twist up pencil (my favorite type. I feel like I get more bang for my buck instead of having to sharpen the product away...) It didn't leave an impression on me. It wasn't bad, it wasn't the best. I've tried cheaper liners that were a lot better. Will not be repurchasing.

I have a love hate relationship with mascara. I wear glasses, so I need a mascara that's more focused on volume rather than length. So annoying when your lashes scrape against your lenses! I've received many samples of the Benefit's They're Real! and finally just went and purchased the full size. One of my holy grail high end mascaras. I will always repurchase and accept samples with no hesitation!

Another Benefit product I sampled was the Stay Don't Stray eye primer. I wasn't a huge fan of this, it creased my shadows after only two or three hours, and I didn't care for the color it gave my eyelids. It was like using a concealer for an eye shadow primer.

Maybellines The Falsie's Black Drama mascara wasn't very impressive to me either. A lot of bloggers and Youtubers rave on and on about this mascara, but I suppose I'm just not very lucky when it comes to Maybelline mascara's, I'm never in love with any I try. The wand was nice, but the formula was very very wet and bound my lashes together.

I did find my holy grail drugstore mascara! I had never tried a Revlon mascara before, but when I saw this in stores, the packaging and name caught my eye. When using this mascara I fell hard instantly. It separates my lashes, adds volume, and just a tiny bit of length. No clumping or flaking! Removing the product at night is so easy as well! Revlon's Lash Potion mascara is always going to be a repurchase for me. I'm not sure if its the brush, formula, or both but it is just fantastic!


Whew! That was quite the stash! Hopefully my next empties will not be as extensive. Maybe once a month to every other month I will share them with you all!

What is one product you will always repurchase no matter what?



2 comments:

  1. I love reading empties posts too as like you say, the reviews are so much more accurate for a product that you've used up in its entirety. Dry shampoo can definitely be a little bit hit and miss sometimes and it's so annoying when the spray nozzles break as that's the only way that they can be used.

    I also think empties posts are interesting as there usually tends to be types of products that get used up in multiples and other products that take much longer to finish often don't feature in empties posts for a long time. In this way, we can easily see the items that we repurchase most frequently. For you I would say that it is generally dry shampoo, hair masks and mascara that you get through the most quickly. For me it's probably face powder, shower gel and lip balm! And for anything I use a lot of, I definitely only pay drugstore prices for! :-) xx

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the only thing I tend to buy that's high end is eyeshadow and skin care!

    I wish one of my frequent empties was lip balm, I just am always forgetful to use it, even if I have one in my pocket!

    What's your favorite lipbalm? Maybe I just haven't found the right one!

    Thank you so much for your comment, as a new blogger this means so much to me

    ReplyDelete