.

Friday, August 29, 2014

a Little Lush Haul


About a week ago, I was browsing Lush and noticed a section labeled Fond Farewells. Curious, I clicked on the section and discovered that Lush was discontinuing their Retro line! Retro is a section of specialty products only available online. Horrified at this, I immediately went to my wishlist to purchase the few items I'd saved.

Smitten is described as a marzipan scented hand cream. I was expecting Smitten to be a rich and thick cream, but when smoothing some onto my hand I discovered it was a thin lotion. However my hand did feel very moisturized. The smell of the product in the tub wasn't very pleasant, but the scent that lingered on my hand was a very nice sweet almond smell. I can't wait to see how well I like this product!

I also purchased Gumback Express, a 'shower smoothie' with ground almonds, honey, and banana. It smells so tasty, like banana pudding! Its very liquidy and scrubby. I'm very excited to take a shower to try it out!

I've never tried any bar soap from Lush before, so I figured Banana Moon would be a great place to start! The soap doesn't smell like bananas at all, and the bar is very soft. After this photo I cut the bar very easily into chunks so I can make the soap last longer. Hopefully I'll enjoy to smell the more I get used to it!

I cant wait to further review these products after I've used them more!

Are there any Retro products you love, or want to try before they're gone?


2 comments:

  1. Lovely haul. I really like Lush products but I don't purchase them that often as I find them to be quite expensive. It looks like these products will be lovely but it's a shame they've now been discontinued and can't be repurchased. I'm quite surprised that the banana moon soap doesn't smell like bananas as that's what most people would assume it smells like given the name! Sometimes I find that a fragrance grows on me in time so hopefully you'll be loving the soap in no time at all! :-)

    I'm really enjoying your blog and have followed with Bloglovin' so I can keep up-to-date with your posts.

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so suprised the soap had no banana scent! I read a few reviews on the lush website and some commenters mention their soap also didn't have a banana scent; one suggested that maybe the soap had mingled to long next to other different scented soaps so purhaps it was tainted.

    I agree lush does have very many expensive items, probably that's why I haven't brought myself to try a lot of their product, though they do have a money back guarantee if you keep the receipt.

    Thank you! I've gone through several of your posts and love your style! I've followed you back! :D

    ReplyDelete