.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Eye Makeup of the Week 002

Every week, I use one eye shadow palette or a bunch of single eye shadows for the week to try and get the most use out of my collection. I attempt to not neglect any of my eye shadows, and I feel that doing this really maximizing my usage so things aren't going to waste! This week I decided to use my Kat Von D True Romance Poetica palette, which unfortunately is no longer being sold in Sephora where Kat Von D's line is exclusive. The link above leads to Amazon where it's running for $45, however it only cost me $36. I'm sure it is also available on eBay, or you may Google around for shadow dupes. 




While this palette is one of my favorites to wear, sometimes the purples alone can get tiring. I love a palette that has all the shadows you need for complete looks, but occasionally I enjoy incorporating single shadows to broaden what I can do!  A little sample of the Bare Minerals BB cream eye shadow I received in an ipsy bag turned out to be such a wonderful primer and base. Nars Ondine shadow, a purplely bronze shade totally unique from anything I've seen before. NYX Iced Mocha , a nice everyday bronze, and Essence Mono Shadow in Party All Night, one of my favorite taupe shimmer shades.

All of these shadows have a lovely warm bronzed undertone that I find to go so well with the purples Wonderland, Shiba, and Babe. I normally do not stray towards bright colors, but Chandler (the orange), adds such a great warmth to any look I chose when using a little bit blended into my crease. The black shade Tijuana has little golden glitters mixed in, which looks so nice when smudged along my upper lash line into a nice cat eye.















What single shadow(s) or palette(s) are you currently obsessed with? 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment